4:30pm - 6:30pm EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME
Are you looking for the perfect knitting/crochet bag either for your small sock or mitten project or a bigger one that fit your shawl, sweater and you are like me, try to avoid a zipper closure so you don't damage that beautiful cashmere or yak? If you answered yes to any of those questions, this class is for you.
This project is perfect for the advanced beginner with experience sewing layers but also very well suited for the more fierce sewists looking for guidance and inspiration.
This bag comes in 2 different sizes, drawstring closure to safely protect your beautiful projects, one exterior and 2 interior pockets for storage, fully lined and option of a single grab handle or 2 carry handles.
You can decide to dive in your beautiful fabric stash for colourful quilting cotton, canvas, linen or you can also decide to get a kit including all the fabric, interfacing, drawstrings and handle included (available in 2 options)
Face your sewing fears and have fun making a beautiful bag!
Supplies needed for the class
- SEWING MACHINE
- sharp fabric scissors
- seam ripper (not to jinx it but accident DO happen!)
- water soluble marker or fine chalk pen
- coordinating thread
- 90/14 or 110/18 (jeans/denim) needle for sewing machine
- steam iron and pressing cloth
- cutting mat and rotary cutter
- fabric for the confection of the bag.
- pen, pencil and writing material to take note if necessary
Homework for the class
- Have all the pieces cut depending on the bag size chosen in fabric, interfacing , lining in advance. A short video will be sent to the class attendee 7 to 10 days prior to the class for basic assistance in how to prepare and cut fabric for the class
- make sure the sewing machine that will be used for the class is in good working order and the pattern pricing or digitally available.