In this class we will explore ideas to make your sweater unique with contemporary sparkly details! Participants will be taught how to bead knitting and add sequins on handknits, with a focus on garments. Participants will receive charts with beading and sequins motifs (for circular yoke, for cabled fabric, cuffs, etc) to exercise and ignite their own creativity!
Knit the beginning of the chart(s) then we will knit and bead in the class.
- The handout
- Approximately 50 yards of fingering or sock-weight yarn. If you have leftovers with different colors will be great!;
- 30 units of 6/0 seed beads* (different colors) *be sure the yarn can pass through the beads;
- one size 12 (0.60 mm) steel crochet hook;
- sequins 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, and/or 12 mm (any colors) preferably with top hole;
- one size 10 (0.75 mm) steel crochet hook;
- cable needle;
- 16” circular needles from US 4 (3.5 mm) knitting needles (or the size you feel comfortable when knitting with
fingering or sock weight yarn);
- paper and pencil (to take notes).